To find the reciprocal of a Mixed Fraction, we first convert it to an Improper Fraction, then turn that upside down. What’s the surface area of a cube formula? Find all the answers results with this Omni Calculator.
Convert a mixed fraction into an improper fraction as calculated below. The inverse of a fraction a/b is denoted as (a/b)-1, which is b/a. This article discusses the steps on how to find the reciprocal of a number, mixed numbers, fractions and decimals. To find the absolute value, leave the positive numbers the same, but take the opposite of the negative numbers. To find the reciprocal, keep the sign the same and invert the fraction.
Examples: what is the reciprocal of 4 and 1/2?
Finding the reciprocal of a fraction is simple. All you have to do is flip the fraction upside-down so that numerator becomes the denominator. For example, the reciprocal of ¾ would be 4/3. You can also find the reciprocal of a whole number.
- After all, he was supposed to be so intelligent and wise.
- To find the reciprocal of any number, just calculate “1 ÷ .” For a fraction, the reciprocal is just a different fraction, with the numbers “flipped” upside down .
- What’s the surface area of a cube formula?
- Decimal to fractions calculator — Converts any decimal to a fraction instantly.
- Additionally, our reciprocal calculator will show you the fraction in its simplified form.
Solve each of the following problems, and then check your answers using the key below. Don’t forget to use a reciprocal for the division problems. Also, 1 divided by a negative number will be a https://business-accounting.net/ negative number. Therefore, the reciprocal of -7 is simply the answer above with a minus in front. To get a positive result when multiplying two numbers, the numbers must have the same sign.
Reciprocals and the multiplicative inverse
Go here for the next number we calculated the reciprocal for. What is the reciprocal of 7? Here you can calculate the reciprocal of another number.
- Also, 1 divided by a negative number will be a negative number.
- Fractions are numbers in the form a/b, where a is the numerator of the fraction, and b is the denominator of the fraction.
- To find the reciprocal of a whole number, just convert it into a fraction in which the original number is the denominator and the numerator is 1.
- To find the reciprocal of a decimal, you need to do the same as before – divide 1 by your decimal number.